These Dinosaur Stencils are a fun way to engage younger students in drawing, painting and printing while exploring the possibilities of pattern and shape! Made from thick, durable plastic, Dinosaur Stencils are long lasting, are ideal for a classroom setting and suit young, excitable hands.
- Drawing: use the stencil as a drawing template. Trace around design using a fine nib pen, marker or sharpened pencil.
- Paint: for best results use an acrylic, textile or craft paint as very watery paints (such as watercolours) will bleed underneath the stencil. If using Poster Colours or Primecolour Pearlescent Paints, best use with a foam roller. Keep roller just damp, don’t over saturate. Mandala stencils can also be used with spray paint (NB: this will stain the stencil). Apply paint with a roller, a stencil brush or a Foam Stencil Stamper.
- Printing: incorporate into monoprinting designs (e.g. Gelli plate printing).
- Always wash stencils clean with warm soapy water, dry off and store away.
Incorporate these stylised Dinosaur designs into backgrounds, print over drawings, add to classroom displays and borders, use to decorate 2D and 3D work, or use in craft and fundraising projects.
- Each stencil: 15.2 x 15.2cm
- 3 plastic stencil colours: red, blue and yellow
- 500 micron
- 6 assorted designs
- Pack of 6 stencils
When using a stencil: for best results, hold the brush or stamper in an upright position, then repeatedly dip the foam end into the paint (rotate stamper as you go to apply an even distribution of colour onto the head). To apply the paint to the stencil, again hold the stamper in an upright position, and then dab the colour onto the surface – do not push the paint as it may cause edges to bleed. Alternatively, use a foam roller for quick coverage.