These striking tropical Scratch Fish shapes will make an eye-catching addition to you ‘under the sea’ projects!
These fun fish designs can be displayed together as a school; they can be turned into a mobile; or added to posters and individual work. Create majestic coral displays, or make a mock aquarium by hanging them inside a cardboard diorama! The ideas are endless.
To use these Scratch Fish simply scratch into the black coating using the included wooden tools to reveal the rainbow coloured scales underneath.
Design Sizes – Approx 7cm x 15cm and made from 250gsm card
This class pack includes six designs (4 of each) and 24 wooden scratch tools.
Elements of Art:
Scratch Shapes provide the ideal way for students to explore and develop the elements of line, pattern and shape. Lines are varied, they can be straight, curved, close together, form shapes, and used to create patterns.
1. Vary the thickness and direction of lines to create emphasis and movement
2. Repeat and combine different lines to create new symbols.
3. Combine line and shape to fill a background space.
4. Lines can be used to make shapes and type both geometric and organic.
5. Areas scratched out around and between shapes can be used to highlight positive and negative areas.
6 . A pattern is created when any mark or line is repeated. Patterns created from line and shapes can create the look of texture, such as scales on a reptile or pebbles on a pathway.