These pre-cut Scratch Heads Children shapes are a great tool to investigate “self” and mindfulness topics. This versatile assortments includes six heads shapes, each with different hair styling. The shapes can also be cut to suit.
To use these Scratch Children Head shapes simply scratch into the black coating using the included wooden tool to reveal the striking rainbow pattern underneath. Children just love this activity!
Head sizes are approximately 12cm x 15cm.
This Pack includes : 24 head Shapes and 24 wooden scratch tools.
Elements of Art:
Scratch Shapes provide the ideal way for students to explore and develop the elements of line, pattern and shape. Lines are varied, they can be straight, curved, close together, form shapes, and used to create patterns.
1. Vary the thickness and direction of lines to create emphasis and movement
2. Repeat and combine different lines to create new symbols.
3. Combine line and shape to fill a background space.
4. Lines can be used to make shapes and type both geometric and organic.
5. Areas scratched out around and between shapes can be used to highlight positive and negative areas.
6 . A pattern is created when any mark or line is repeated. Patterns created from line and shapes can create the look of texture, such as scales on a reptile or pebbles on a pathway.