These Scratch Reindeers 24s make for a quick, cost effective and fun Christmas activity for the classroom, afterschool care, community and fundraising projects. These shapes can be used to decorate a classroom, or students can take them home to adorn a Christmas Tree.
To use these Scratch Reindeers simply scratch into the black coating using the included wooden tools to reveal the bright, celebratory rainbow colours underneath. Use the included ribbon to create a hanger for easy displaying.
- Reindeer Sizes – Approximately width 20 x height 22cm
- Made from 250gsm card.
- This class pack includes four designs (6 of each), 24 bamboo scratch tools and 24 Pieces Ribbon (26cm x 24pcs)
Decorating Scratch shapes using the Elements of Art:
Scratch Shapes provide the ideal way for students to explore and develop the elements of line, pattern and shape. Lines are varied, they can be straight, curved, close together, form shapes, and used to create patterns.
1. Vary the thickness and direction of lines to create emphasis and movement
2. Repeat and combine different lines to create new symbols.
3. Combine line and shape to fill a background space.
4. Lines can be used to make shapes and type both geometric and organic.
5. Areas scratched out around and between shapes can be used to highlight positive and negative areas.
6. A pattern is created when any mark or line is repeated. Patterns created from line and shapes can create the look of texture, such as scales on a reptile or pebbles on a pathway.