These pre-cut Scratch Transport shapes are a fun exploration into all things that fly, drive, ride, and float! Children will love this assortment which includes six modes of transport: plane, motorbike, car, helicopter, speed boat and bus.
To use these Scratch Transport shapes simply scratch into the black coating using the included wooden tools and reveal the striking geometric pattern underneath.
Design Sizes – Approx 5.2cm x 17cm and made form 250gsm card
This class pack includes six transport designs (4 of each) and 24 wooden scratch tools.
Elements of Art:
Scratch Shapes provide the ideal way for students to explore and develop the elements of line, pattern and shape. Lines are varied, they can be straight, curved, close together, form shapes, and used to create patterns.
1. Vary the thickness and direction of lines to create emphasis and movement
2. Repeat and combine different lines to create new symbols.
3. Combine line and shape to fill a background space.
4. Lines can be used to make shapes and type both geometric and organic.
5. Areas scratched out around and between shapes can be used to highlight positive and negative areas.
6 . A pattern is created when any mark or line is repeated. Patterns created from line and shapes can create the look of texture, such as scales on a reptile or pebbles on a pathway.